With more artist and special guest MC
Buying tickets is easy and convenient GA Tickets are $35. Buy online or buy in person one of the 3 ticket locations listed below.
OAKLAND REGGAE FEST
A Celebration of Reggae Music, Culture & Real Jamaican Cuisine.
The Oakland Reggae Festival is an event that we proudly produced to celebrate the culturally rich communities of the Bay Area and it’s surrounding cities. Reggae music has been an emotional outlet for people, to express thoughts and feelings about life, love and religion. These popular sounds have been created without the interference of outside multinational markets, press agents and spin doctors. Reggae music is created with incredible amounts of soul and pride. Reggae music is a soulful powerful & social force that represents the pressures of everyday life putting them into words that describe, reveal and persuade the people that listen to its powerful messages.
The sound of steel drums and the savory smell of Caribbean-inspired foods make this the premiere Bay Area event for those longing for joy of islands. Flavorful dishes from the Kingston 11 Cuisine of Oakland, Caribbean Market featuring arts, crafts, jewelry, beads and more. All surrounded by the contagious and soul-satisfying sounds of live, authentic reggae music. You’ll find it all at the Oakland Reggae Festival.
The Flavor of the Islands
Excite your palate and explore spicy jerk delicacies as well as tasty Caribbean cuisine. Enjoy hot music, traditional and contemporary cultural presentations and bask in the cool vibes of the Oakland Reggae Festival.
Enjoy the Day!
Here are all the items that the Oakland Reggaefest & The Dunsmuir House will allow you to bring into the festival … and more importantly the items that you should leave at home.
- Soft-sided coolers no larger than a 12-pack size
- Regular sized or unframed backpacks
- Two factory-sealed water bottles up to 1 liter each
- Empty Camelbak or other empty plastic container (i.e., Nalgene bottle, Klean Kanteen)
- Ice (contained in a soft-sided cooler or Camelbak – no large bags allowed)
- Personal cameras with a detachable lens 2 inches or shorter
- Weapons of any kind
- Large or framed backpacks
- Alcohol (alcohol will be sold at the festival)
- Glass containers of ANY kind
- Cans of ANY kind.
- Skateboards, scooters, or personal motorized vehicles
- Bicycles inside Festival grounds.
- Fireworks and explosives
- Instruments and laser pointers
- Selfie sticks
- Spray paint, large markers
- Picnic baskets
- Large or hard-sided coolers
- Pets (Except animals that assist people with disabilities. Important to read Service and Support Animal Policy & Procedures.)
- Video equipment (no video recording will be allowed)
- Professional still camera equipment with a detachable lens longer than 2 inches, tripods, big zooms, or commercial use rigs
- Audio recording equipment
- No illegal vending is permitted (no unauthorized or unlicensed vendors allowed)
Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success.
City of Oakland Office of Parks and Recreation (OPR) is fully committed to compliance with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Please make accommodation requests at least 10 days prior to an event. Direct all inquiries concerning program and disability accommodation to (510) 615.5555 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
VRS callers please dial (510) 615-5883.